Project Area Info
Project Area Highlights:
The EVRAZ Urban Renewal Area was established in 2019 for the sole purpose of facilitating the development of new long-rail technology. PURA Issued $91.2 million in bonds to participate in environmental remediation for the new site. EVRAZ will be the first solar-powered plant in North America.
- New long rail technology will retain 1000 full-time, current and future with wages starting at $60,000 to $65,000 annually.
Partnership in Project
- $480 million capital spending on long-term physical assets
- $800,000 for pre-employment training at Pueblo Community College
- $15 million from the City of Pueblo half-cent sales tax fund
- $91.2 million bond issuance for environmental remediation